Green olives are the carefully chosen fermented and cured fruit of the olive tree (Olea Europaea), treated to remove the characteristic bitterness. Rich in healthy fats, vitamin E and other antioxidants, these plump, green whole olives are preserved in brine.
Can be used for:
- Snacking: Green pitted olives make for a delightful and healthy snack on their own. You can enjoy them straight from the jar or combine them with other olives and snacks for a Mediterranean-inspired appetiser platter.
- Salads: Add green pitted olives to your salads for a burst of briny flavour. They pair well with ingredients like tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, red onions, and leafy greens. You can also use them in pasta salads and grain bowls.
- Pizza and Flatbreads: Scatter sliced green pitted olives on your homemade or store-bought pizzas and flatbreads. They provide a salty and tangy contrast to the other toppings and cheese.
- Tapenade: Blend green pitted olives with garlic, capers, olive oil, and herbs to create a savory tapenade. Serve it as a dip with crackers or bread, or use it as a condiment for sandwiches and grilled meats.
- Pasta Dishes: Toss green pitted olives into your pasta dishes, such as spaghetti, penne, or linguine, to enhance the overall flavor. They work well in both red and white pasta sauces.
- Mediterranean Wraps and Sandwiches: Include green pitted olives in wraps, gyros, or sandwiches with ingredients like grilled chicken, lamb, or falafel, along with fresh vegetables and tzatziki sauce for a Mediterranean twist.
- Roasted Vegetables: Add whole or sliced green pitted olives to a tray of roasted vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, and red onions for a savoury side dish.
- Sauces and Marinades: Incorporate chopped green pitted olives into homemade sauces and marinades for chicken, fish, or lamb. They can infuse your dishes with a unique depth of flavour.
- Stuffing: Use green pitted olives as a filling for stuffed chicken breasts or pork chops. Combine them with herbs, breadcrumbs, and cheese for a tasty filling.
- Garnish: Use green pitted olives as a garnish for various dishes, including soups, stews, and Mediterranean-inspired rice or couscous dishes, to add a touch of colour and flavour.
STORE IN A COOL, DRY PLACE. KEEP REFRIGERATED AFTER OPENING.
Ingredients: Whole green olives, water, salt, lactic acid